Susquehanna Municipal Trust
- The Trust was established on July 1, 1995 with nine municipalities in response to several years of pricing fluctuations in the fully insured workers compensation marketplace.
- Over the past two decades, the Trust has grown to 77 members in 15 Pennsylvania counties.
- The Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of seven municipal managers elected by the membership.
- Annual contributions to the Trust exceeds $6 million on an annual basis.
- The Trust has returned more than $8.77 million in surplus as member dividends – totaling 29.4% of member contributions.
- Membership is open to boroughs, townships, authorities and, if approved by the Board of Trustees, regional departments and commissions.
- The Trust provides an excellent safety and loss control program including on-site risk management surveys.